1) Wash and chop tomatoes, carrot, potato, onion, green chili, and ginger.
2) Boil or pressure cook until tender. Let cool and grind using a hand or stand blender. Strain using a sieve with the smallest holes possible. You want the liquid to be smooth. Use a spoon to stir and lightly push the pulp in the sieve to make sure you get the most out of the pulp.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) In a pot, warm 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add in sliced garlic, let brown. Add 1 tsp cumin to the oil next and let brown. You will smell the aromas of both the garlic and cumin.
5) Take off heat and slowly add soup to oil mixture. Watch for splatter!
6) Put pot back on heat to warm, stirring frequently.
7) Serve garnished with chopped cilantro, a drizzle of Ají Verde Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and lightly toasted baguette slices. Enjoy!